Saturday, November 29, 2008

Katrina Kaif - From one flopped to six hit in a row

You can imagine what will happen to an actress whose first and debut movie become super duper flop. That happened to Katrina Kaif with her first movie Boom. But she never gave up and worked hard on her acting skjill, dance performance and dialogue speaking. As a result now she have given 6 back to back hot movie to Bollywood. "When I started, people were not only writing me off for my strong British accent, there were many others who tried to prevent me from making it till here," Katrina told IANS in an interview.

"They didn't do so in an aggressive or excessive manner, but they used to say things like 'I don't know...' and 'I'm not sure...' that would suggest a not-so-positive approach towards me. But I proved myself ultimately.

"I always try and push myself to exceed expectations. I use this ideology in a positive way," she explained. Katrina Kaif have strong faith in destiny. "The great thing about life is that you never know what can happen and there's no limitation to it. Someone can tell you that you can never be this and never be that. It's not true. Anyone can be what he wants to be and destiny plays a major part in it. God has of course been very kind to me.

"I believe that everyone should try and live their dreams, follow them and they might just come true someday," Katrina said. When talked about her improvement, Katrina added "Interacting with various people on and off the sets and doing some eight Hindi movies, dealing with Hindi scripts, practising dialogue delivery ... I think that in itself has taught me and helped me improve my accent."

It’s a normal course of Media that they started to add Lucky Mascot if you give back to back hits. For Lucky word Katrina Kaif added - "'Lucky mascot' doesn't make any sense. It is such an illogical statement. A successful film is a combination of a good director, good music, intelligent script, good timing, destiny, everybody's efforts and audience's reaction. There isn't a reason or an explanation that you can tag a person as lucky," she remarked.

In her career, Katrina has predominantly dabbled in comedies, but she has lately "felt the need to progress a bit" and try her hand at different things. "If you see Akshay Kumar, he was an action hero and then he went to comedy and found out his real calling. It took him to new heights of superstardom. I think it is important to take risks and figure out what really suits you.

"Every actor has a strength like Aamir does romance and Akshay does comedy, but I don't know my strength yet. "If I get a contrast role in one film like where one get-up has me play a simple, shy and homely girl, the other has me as a brass and loud girl, I would definitely do that," she said in an excited tone.
As of now, Katrina has a number of films in her kitty.

She is doing two films with Ranbir Kapoor including "Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani" by Rajkumar Santoshi. She is also working with Prakash Jha on his multi-starrer "Rajniti". These apart, she has one comedy film in hand and a two-film deal each with UTV and TV 18 respectively.

2 comments:

  1. NO doubt about this that she have improved a lot from her first movie. In her first movie she was not able to talk even in Hindi.

    But she is keep labouring hard and the results is in front of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well when she beat Aishwarya Rai and grab the Nakshtra brand, I realised that she is going to be the next bollywood queen.

    With that she also delivered 6 hits in a single year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...